Back before I can remember, I applied for a place on the new concept Torq Trail Running Team. A professional team, with a big difference – it will be made up of amateur runners who live to run on trails.
Well, for the past two months I’ve sat and waited, fingers crossed… and today, an email arrived… Confirming that I have been invited to an assessment day next month. If I pass at the selection day, I get to join Torq Fitness on their newly formed Trail Runners Team. I’ve got to say, I’m stunned and excited, 2013 is already kicking of to be a fantastic year, and now this..!
Successful applicants will receive all the benefits of being part of a professional team, including :
- A nutritional assessment and nutrition products from TORQ Fitness
- Team-branded kit for training and racing
- A three day training and preparation trip running in the Alps on the UTMB course around Chamonix
- Appearances in features in Trail Running Magazine
- Support and advice throughout the season
What better preparation could there be for the Lakeland 50 and UTMB – TDS..?